We believe that gender is critical to understanding the causes of poverty and injustice. We work with women across the country to identify the changes they want to see and to empower them to claim their rights and be economically empowered.
Lily of Valleys defends the rights of women and girls to live free from gender-based violence; to secure a fairer division of care work and to control their own sexuality.
We believe that women are powerful forces for change. In everything we do, we believe the best way to end poverty is to strengthen women in their own struggles, helping them to unleash their own potential to change the world.
- Livelihood skills training: We partner with local experts to provide skills trainings to women and youths that have dropped out of school so they can earn or increase their income, in areas like sewing, poultry farming, organic agriculture, and hospitality training.
- Gender sensitization: Training and focus group discussions on gender norms and women’s legal rights are offered for both men and women.
- Women’s and family health: We provide specialized health information and workshops for women, including family planning and sexual and reproductive health.
- Savings cooperatives: these enable women to deposit savings for the first time, and apply for loans to start their own businesses.
- Small business skills training: We offer training in financial literacy, marketing, and management this helps women successfully run their own micro-enterprises and manage their finances. We currently run the Women Business Enterprise & Entreprenuership Course (How to be a successful entrepreneur)
- Leadership development: We offer trainings in confidence building and civic participation this equips women with skills to become leaders in their families and communities.